Factory Fresh Kit
Rebuild your bars to feel like new.
- Related Products
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'jigoshop_product_faqs_tab' not found or invalid function name in /home/fasst/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 405
Features, contents & description
- Fully rebuild your Flexx Handlebars to feel like new
- Bars manufactured previous to August 2010 need periodic service of the pivot points, this kit provides you with all of the necessary parts to perform the service.
- The Factory Fresh Kit contains 4 c-clips, 16 o-rings, two bolts, two nuts, two washers, your choice of Rebound and Compression Elastomers.
Please watch our service video under the Service tab to see if you would like to perform this service yourself.
Note: We will service your Flexx Handlebar for free with the purchase of our Factory Fresh Service Kit. Please call or email us for an RA# if you would like us to service your Flexx Handlebar.
How to service your Flexx Handlebars
Flexx Handlebars manufactured prior to August 2010 do require routine maintenance to the pivot points to maintain consistent performance.
Please find a step by step video below, walking you through how to properly maintain your Flexx Handlebar. In the right column are also specific instructions on how to service your Flexx Handlebar.
Factory Fresh Service
We also offer our free Factory Fresh in-house service program for your Flexx Handlebars.
This service requires you OBTAIN an RA# from us, as well as read, print and sign our Service Order Form. Next ship us your bars with the RA# and signed release form, Attn: Factory Fresh.
The Factory Fresh service program for Flexx Handlebars is free with the purchase of a Service Kit.
The Factory Fresh program consists of disassembling and cleaning your Flexx Handlebars, a thorough servicing of the pivots and reassembly with a Flexx Handlebar Service Kit. The Service Kit consists of new o-rings, clips, bolts, washers, and nuts as well the compression and rebound elastomers of your choice at a cost of $20.
Please note that this is only a clean and lube job, in no way does this make your handlebar stronger, last longer or take away any prior damage/neglect. If your Flexx Handlebar is damaged in anyway we will inform you of the damage and what your options are. We will not return damaged handlebars to you as it is a safety concern and liability to yourself.
Proper Handle Resistance
Your handles may have some drag or resistance when the elastomer is removed. The drag is caused by the exacting tolerance required for the Flexx Handlebar to offer the utmost in control and reliability. Flexx Handlebar pivot points are most likely the most exacting tolerance on your entire machine and must be so. Too large of a tolerance will not the yield the precise control you as a rider require to perform at your best. It is not only acceptable but preferred to have some drag on the handles.
Each side of every Flexx Handlebar System is measured with a strain gauge to be sure the resistance of each handle is within our tolerance. If your bar rebounds to its present ride height after being compressed you should be good to go. If you have any questions concerning this please contact us.
*If your pivot pins are damaged they will need to be replaced. A Pivot Pin kit is an additional $20.
Download the Service Order Form
The Step by Step Service Process
Two key things to remember
1) Do not mix the pivot pins up. The left pin needs to go back in the left hole, and the right pin in the right hole. We separate our pins and hone our pivot holes to .0001 of an inch. It is crucial to have proper fitment of each pin so there is not front to back play.
2) The second key point is do not strike the pivot pin directly with a hammer, press or any other form of tool. A dowel or punch must be used to protect the pivot pin from “mushrooming”. If you do not have a proper dowel or punch to match the pivot pin diameter you can use an old bolt to protect the pin.
- 12 or 13mm wrench
- 6mm allen
- c-clip pliers
- hammer or press (air hammer is preferred, but not required)
- safety glasses
Servicing your Flexx Handlebar can be done on or off the machine. It is easier to do off the machine if you have a proper vise. Be sure if you do place the Flexx Handlebar in a vise you use plastic jaws or a similar product to protect the Flexx Handlebar from being damaged by the jaws. It is also important to note that whenever working with c-clips that proper safety eyewear is worn. C-clips have a tendency to fly off at warp speed when being removed or installed and although we know you want your Flexx Handlebar to perform as it is intended to it is not worth losing an eye over!
- Remove the elastomer nuts, slide the bolts back, then remove the elastomers.
- Remove the rear c-clips and rear crossbar.
- Tap the pivot pins forward slightly which allows easier access to the front c-clips. Remember not to strike the pivot pins directly.
- Remove the front c-clips and front crossbar.
- Now drive the pins completely out. Again, be sure not to strike or press on the pivot pin directly. Do not mix the pins up.
- Clean pivot holes and pivot pins. Remove the old o-rings and replace with new ones.
- Lube the pivot pins as well as pivot holes with anti-seize.
- Place the pivot pin in the back side of the bar, square to the bore. You will know the pin is square to the bore when it will not rock easily up, down, or to the side without applying force.
- Now tap the pivot pin all the way through the handle out the other side. It is easiest to replace the c-clips if the pin is extended out slightly past the crossbar.
- Place one o-ring on the front, outside of each pin, and then place the crossbars on to the pins. The extra 0-ring will keep the crossbars from vibrating. You may need to place an extra o-ring on the back side as well.
- Install the front crossbar and c-clips. Carefully tap the pins back until the c-clip is against the crossbar.
- Install the rear crossbar and clips. Be sure all of the clips are securely in their designated groove by pulling the crossbars away from each other.
- Install nuts, bolts and elastomers.
Flexx Service Video Instructional
Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'jigoshop_product_faqs_panel' not found or invalid function name in /home/fasst/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 405