Reduce Vibration While Securely Mounting Hand Guards.
Threaded Anti-Vibration Inserts absorb vibration while securing your hand guard by tapping the end of the handlebar and threading the Insert into place. The result is a solid hand guard anchor that minimizes vibration.
An incredibly effective component for any serious racer or casual rider, our inserts absorb the vibration transferred from the bars to your hand yielding less fatigue and arm pump.
Constructed out of brass, the Threaded Inserts require you to tap the end of your handlebar with the included tap. Once the bar is tapped the Threaded Inserts can be installed and are ready for your hand guards to mount to.
The Threaded Anti-Vibration Inserts come with two inserts, one tap, two o-rings and two 35mm 8x1.25 bolts to secure your guards to the insert.
Reduces fatigue & armpump
Decreasing vibration reduces the abuse transferred to the rider.
Secure Hand Guard Mounting
Once you use threaded inserts to attach a hand guard to the end of a bar you will never go back to slip or wedge anchors.
Fits most aluminum handlebars
Applicable for Flexx Handlebars, taper and 7/8" aluminum handlebars.
100% American Made.
Take pride in where you purchase your products; we build 100% of this product right here in the US.
What’s in the box
- (2) anti-vibration inserts
- (2) o-rings
- (2) 8mm counter sunk bolts to secure your guards to the inserts
- (1) tap
|7/8" Aluminum (Renthal and most other aluminum 7/8")
|Taper Style bars
Handguard Installation Instructions
- Start by tapping the inside of the handle with the provided 5/8” tap. Make sure tap follows center line of the handlebar I.D. Starting the tap at an angle to the center line of the I.D. may not allow the Insert to install properly. If you do not have a tap handle that fits the 5/8” tap a 11mm open-end wrench will do. Apply in-ward pressure on the tap to more easily enable it to cut threads. You will have to back the tap out a few times, blowing the handle and tap off. Match the tap to center line of the handlebar end I.D., rotate tap clockwise until top thread is flush with end of the handlebar. Approximately every ½ turn, turn tap back counterclockwise to “break chips” for easier tapping. Using light oil, like WD-40 also helps. Remove tap when threading is completed.
- With the bar tapped the Insert can be installed. On most bars there is a step around 2.5" from the end of the bar. Apply force at the end of the Insert to get the o-ring into the small diameter.
- Using an 8mm allen thread the Insert into the bar. There will be some drag while tightening the insert. Bottom the Insert out on the threads to a maximum torque of 25 foot pounds.
- Next mount your hand guards using the supplied 8mm bolts.